Holiday Gift Guide
(inspire someone today!)
Shop our list and give someone you love the best gift of all: the gift to look and feel their best! Add these healthy treats to your wish list this year...
NY Times Bestseller: Body Confidence
Packed with meal plans, recipes, nutrition guides, exercise journals and our proven goal-setting tools, Body Confidence is the ideal holiday gift for anyone who is trying to reach their goals. GET IT TODAY >>
Aaaaah...Massage Gift Certificate
Research shows that massage can lower stress and blood pressure, reduce pain and migraines and ease sore muscles... Plus less stress = less weight gain!
"Excuse Proof" Gifts
Whether it's lack of workout gear or no time for the gym, help someone move past the excuses! Try home equipment like resistance bands, dumbbells, an exercise ball or video or a gift certificate to their favorite workout clothing store.
Customized Nutrition & Fitness Plan
Think your loved one could use a custom nutrition, fitness and health plan? How about some motivation? Try a gift certificate for Venice Nutrition Online or purchase a Consulting Package to work one-on-one with a Certified VN Coach!
GO TO STORE >>
Get your body in fat burning mode by eating a balanced meal every 3 to 4 hours leading up to the party and always eat a balanced snack like a protein bar or Greek yogurt & fruit 30 - 60 minutes beforehand to keep appetite in check.
And make sure to get back on track with a balanced meal 3 to 4 hours later after the party (or the next morning if it's late).
Your Holiday To-Do List...it's All About YOU This Year!
Between the holiday parties, braving the overcrowded malls and preparing decadent meals, it can be hard to find the time to take care of YOU. The following "To- Do List" is packed full of sneaky (and effortless) ways to make yourself a priority this season. Start today and say goodbye to holiday weight gain and fatigue for good!
While Shopping or Running Errands:
- Opt for low-calorie coffee sweetened with Stevia, cinnamon and soy or low-fat milk in place of Starbuck's holiday coffee drinks and save hundreds of calories.
- Always pack a balanced, portable snack like a protein bar to avoid a stop at the food court
- Dress comfortably and wear sneakers to turn your shopping day into a cardio workout
- Consolidate your gift shopping into 1 or 2 days and use the extra time to get in your workouts
- If holiday food shopping, aim to buy only what you need and remember to bring your VN Grocery List to help you stay on track
While at home:
- When cleaning, focus on engaging and tightening your abdominals for a quick core workout
- Designate one day a week to prepare food in bulk like chicken, brown rice or a salad for quick grab and go meals all week long
- Check out our Gift Guide (in the side bar) and add a few healthy treats to your wish list this year!
Happy Holidays from Mark & the Venice Nutrition Team...
"What an amazing year 2011 has been! Thank you to all of you for being a part of the Venice Nutrition community. Together we will lead a change in the health industry. I'd also like to thank you for sharing our book, Body Confidence, and it's message: There is a way to look and feel your best without dieting and with the right tools and education, anyone can do it.
And lastly, I'm grateful that you've chosen to achieve your goals with Venice Nutrition. It truly means the world to me and our entire team. Cheers to a happy and healthy 2012!"
Mark Macdonald (Creator of Venice Nutrition & author of Body Confidence)
by Head Chef Valerie Cogswell
Like egg nog? Then you'll love our Eggnog Smoothie. Combine 1/3 cup low-fat eggnog, 2 scooops of vanilla protein powder (or a serving size = 20 grams of protein), 2 tablespoons low-fat Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup water, ice and a small dash of nutmeg (optional) in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glass, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
1 serving = 264 cals, 26 g protein, 23 g carbs, 7 g fat